Blog about Jordan day, the harvest
In all the time I've spent blogging, participating, and reading for bloggers from around the world, there wasn't a day that I felt more proud than March 12th. The day to simply blog about Jordan
I've never seen so much enthusiasm for a cause, I've never seen the foundation of the whole blogosphere shake so much, beautifully, as one post after another started streaming, like it was weaving the prettiest dream dress, tailored to fit, our beloved country, Jordan
Let me say, not in my wildest dreams, would I have hoped for something like this. The whole effort was astonishing. The posts, the best I've seen and the wonderful people, the bloggers, the readers were playing the most beautiful symphony I've ever heard.
Let me start by thanking these participating blogs ... (And Qabbani for compiling this exhaustive list)
- Simply Me : will proudly be the first.. Jordan (BAJO)
- Bakkouz:Blogging About Jordan, A Brief Introduction.
- MQfabbani: Jordan the Country
- Tala: Blogging About JO: The King of Hearts, My Role Model
- M For Mystery : University Of Jordan (BAJO)
- Cinnamon Zone : Leaving Jordan For The First Time
- Tololy's Box : How Do I Blog Thee, Jordan
- Life Thoughts Amman Resides In My Heart- عمان في القلب
- Hatem Abu Nemeh:Drive Safely.....Blog about Jordan
- Tooteh: BAJD: The Jordanian Experience.
- H.A.N.I. 101 : Top 10 Reasons to LOVE Jordan (BAJO)
- Qwaider: Against all Odds, Jordan! [BAJO]
- Deemco: Home is where the heart is (BAJO)
- Laylatoot: An Ode to Jordan
- Za3tar : Jordan's Zappy Zappa Doo ... (BAJO)
- Simsim :Jordan !! What Can I say ?!!
- Jeedo's : (BAJO) ...Jordan, so close & yet so far away!
- Kinzi : BAJO - Affirm Dignity, Expose Depravity, Provoke Longing
- Soul Blossom : Blogging About Jordan
- Ana Garfan: رحلة العقبة المدرسية (BAJD)
- Voyage: Jordan "be3youn shamyeh"..
- An American in Jordan :The Death of the Keffiyeh in Jordan
- Maioush :Blog about Jordan Day, The day I wished I was in Jordan
- And Also and Jordanian Song
- Bonbonlover: My workout shirt says it all... (BAJO)
- Sharkooseh:Blog About Jordan Day, Raise your flag up high, Like eagles in the sky
- Bakkouz: Blogging About Jordan, A Brief Introduction.
- Wonders: My Hometown Karak (BAJD)
- Mala2e6 :قصة خيالية اردنية
- Adoosh : Blog About Jordan Day: The ugly face of patriotism
- Jad's thoughts: Blog About Jordan Day: What a safe country
- Tamara : Jordan Land of contradictions
- The Arab Observer : The Jordanian Dream
- No comment : Jordan
- Moh'd Shaltaf:الأردن في يومه
- MommaBean: When I look at Jordan...
- Diana :From Lebanon...to Jordan.. with Love...
- Smile-Noura: ~ Celebrating Jordanians . . .
- Southern muslimah: My Adopted Watan
- 3ammania:As an act of support Blog about Jordan day
- Jordan i will back: Jordan the Picture and the Dream: Blog about Jordan day
- Askadenia :عمّان بعدستي
- Al shabeba: التدوين عن الإردن
Tajreed: every aspect
- JanMaia: Jordan Heroes and Jordan Photos
- Not another Blog: From London To Jordan
- Be Lost with me: Going Green ! (BAJD)
- Memoirs of Lulu: Jordan, did you heed me?
- nasimjo© :BAJD ... Delegated for Jordanian Bloggers
- тнє вяαιn ѕρα:Blog About Jordan : بالعربي
- My Crazy Life : Blog About Jordan Day
- Lara: 10 things I love about you Jordan
- Your Favorite Anonymous: Blog About Jordan Day 3/12/08
- Za3tar: Mawtini .. Mawtini
Wayoubi-Paroles: Jordan Jordan Jordan
Arabs & Globalization: Jordan: The Middle East's IT Hub(BAJD)
Abed Hamdan: Blog day about Jordan
Sam: My take on Jordan..
Princess N: I did not blog about Jordan because...
ĐàŋdŎöŅёH: For The Love Of Jordan ...
Princess Tinkerbella: Jordan
El3atal: Authentic Amman
MKilani: When did Jordan become a country?
NOTE: Stay tuned to Play 99.6 FM they will be reading part of your work and mentioning your names ON THE AIR. For People in Amman, Tune to 99.6FM for people else where, you can get their Internet stream here
Simply, Thank you
This day, wasn't supposed to be so emotional, but emotions were pouring, the day was full of heart and heart felt articles and wonderful comments by amazing people.
One blogger I was chatting with said, "It feels like 3eed", I couldn't agree more! It was an amazing festival of light, sharing, loving and selfless promotion. I caught my self many times, speechless.
I couldn't stop my self from alternating between crying and hysterically laughing as I read line after line of amazing words. They ignited the feelings of longing, reminded us of places and times, and sometimes gave us a piece of information we didn't know about someone, a place or Jordan.
The most important thing during this all was the way Jordanians showed their unity. We come from all walks of life, from all ethnicities, few religions, ages (factoid, the youngest blogger to participate is only 13 years old) and some were not even Jordanian by nationality, although, they were certainly Jordanian by heart. Jordanian by feeling, and Jordanian by love.
It was heart warming when I started reading from Lebanese bloggers who showed up in solidarity, Wonderful to hear from American bloggers who showed up in numbers. Syrians, Circassians, Australians ... Oh my god this festival just kept getting better and better.
But the back bone of this day was the amazing Jordanian bloggers who made me feel it's a privilege and an honor to be among them. To every single one of those amazing bloggers. I bow in respect for your amazing love and wonderful art work.
Of course, all of this wouldn't have been possible without the wonderful readers who came from just about every where and joined in on the unprecedented festivities. And the amazing folks on the face book group who spread out the word.
I would also like to thank Play FM, who called me at 2AM for an interview, this is the kind of wonderful participation of the local Jordanian media. Hopefully we will see more of it in the future
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all for making this day, one of the greatest days of the Jordanian blogosphere. And guess who did it! You, all of you.